Lisa Wehr's Public Health Blog

Lisa is originally from Sigourney, Iowa. She attended Iowa State University and received her bachelor’s degree in Music in 2010. She is currently a first year Master’s of Public Health (MPH) student in community and behavioral health (CBH). Lisa works on the medicine-psychiatry unit at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics (UIHC). Through this blog Lisa hopes to let people learn about the CBH department.

This student blog is unedited and does not necessarily reflect the views of the College of Public Health or the University of Iowa.

11 January 2011

Break

I have been absent from here for most of the winter break. I had intended to post some, but life got busier than I expected. Other than weekends and holidays I choose which days I work at the hospital (as long as I get my hours in for the week), so over break I built my schedule such that I worked 4-5 days around my weekend/holidays and then I had 5-6 days off. Having that amount of time off gave me the flexibility to go visit people. I didn't have to worry about weather too much because I had enough time to leave a day earlier or later than planned to avoid it. So that's what I've been doing. My boyfriend is still in Ames, many of my other friends are in Des Moines, some of my friends were back home in Sigourney. I caught them all....several times. It was good to catch up with people and actually relax and spend time with them rather than having to rush back home for work/school.
I played lots of scrabble and wii and apples to apples and bananagrams
watched more movies than I did all semester, played in the snow with my dog, threw too many tennis balls to count
built a shelf
celebrated a friend's graduation and impending move to the exciting city of Seattle for a "real" job
I had a great few weeks, but it still feels good to be back....and throwing more tennis balls (even as I type this). I'm excited to write more and I hope that you're just as excited to read it!
a thick winter fog that turned into a stunning frost
~L

No comments:

Post a Comment