Lisa Wehr's Public Health Blog

Lisa is originally from Sigourney, Iowa. She attended Iowa State University and received her bachelor’s degree in Music in 2010. She is currently a first year Master’s of Public Health (MPH) student in community and behavioral health (CBH). Lisa works on the medicine-psychiatry unit at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics (UIHC). Through this blog Lisa hopes to let people learn about the CBH department.

This student blog is unedited and does not necessarily reflect the views of the College of Public Health or the University of Iowa.

18 January 2011

Spring Semester

It's time for another round of school! This semester I'm taking 9 credits and continuing to work 60% (I started last semester while working 90%, so I stuck with only 6 credits).

My classes:

  • Health Behavior and Health Education
  • Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
  • Biostatistics
Once again I only have classes on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Definitely something I can get used to. But it's not as if my life is completely free: I work [8 hour shifts] every other weekend as well as two weekdays.

With classes in the hospital/med buildings and working at the hospital, I spend a large majority of my life there. Not that it's a bad place to spend most of my time. The Field House is incredibly close, so if I have a break I can go there. Hardin Library is a few yards outside. The hospital has cafeterias, coffee shops, a massage place, computer labs, free wireless internet, a travel agency, and even a hair salon...I could probably get away with never leaving.

If you haven't checked out some of the other pages I recently updated the about me with some pictures and the page for prospective students with a couple links and a pdf of my plan of study.

Have a great start to your semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment