Lisa Wehr's Public Health Blog

Lisa is originally from Sigourney, Iowa. She attended Iowa State University and received her bachelor’s degree in Music in 2010. She is currently a first year Master’s of Public Health (MPH) student in community and behavioral health (CBH). Lisa works on the medicine-psychiatry unit at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics (UIHC). Through this blog Lisa hopes to let people learn about the CBH department.

This student blog is unedited and does not necessarily reflect the views of the College of Public Health or the University of Iowa.

18 May 2011

Never Fear

I am still here. And alive. And an mph student.

I've had an interesting 3 months. I had some time away from school and the month since then has been filled with catching up from that. But I've completed my first year! It feels good. I honestly can say that every day I study public health I love it even more.

And now it's summer! Sort of. I am currently taking a 3-week class. It goes from 9-12:40 Monday-Thursday for 3 weeks. Intense, for sure, but I have actually been enjoying fully immersing myself in one topic. The class is Health Communication, which I have always found fascinating. I love human relationships. It's definitely what I want to do with my life--work with people.

Aren't they just the most adorable little cacti you've ever seen?

I am continuing to work. Zephyr has an unprecedented amount of energy (I took him for a run today and since we returned 2 hours ago he has continued to sprint through the house, throw toys in my face, and jump on my laptop). The weather has been to die for. I have planted my garden. I have finally seen the light in regards to my inability to properly water house plants and switched to succulents. I went to the NAMI (National Alliance of the Mentally Ill) Walk with my coworkers. I went to Ames and sent my boyfriend Matt off to Europe (what a loser, who goes to Europe when there are awesome 3-week classes to go to back here???) I found out I'm lactose intolerant (this really sucks since I LOVE milk products....except milk...I really don't like milk). Realized just how much of a genius my little brother is (seriously....check out his website and remember that he's a sophomore in high school). And two of my best friends got engaged!


I'm sure there's so much more that has happened, but I'll leave it at that since I have a lot of reading to do for class tomorrow morning. Hope everyone's having a great summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment