Lisa Wehr's Public Health Blog

Lisa is originally from Sigourney, Iowa. She attended Iowa State University and received her bachelor’s degree in Music in 2010. She is currently a first year Master’s of Public Health (MPH) student in community and behavioral health (CBH). Lisa works on the medicine-psychiatry unit at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics (UIHC). Through this blog Lisa hopes to let people learn about the CBH department.

This student blog is unedited and does not necessarily reflect the views of the College of Public Health or the University of Iowa.

18 November 2010

Checking In

I've had a hectic week here, I'm pretty sure I haven't stopped moving since sometime Monday morning. While I haven't posted in a few days that isn't to say I haven't been working behind the scenes. I have several a lot of posts drafted or outlined.

Just to give you an idea of what to look forward to:

  • A discussion of a pair of articles regarding insurance and weight loss
  • A brief interview with Dr. Anthony Paik about his research with social networks and a review of the departmental lecture he gave on Wednesday
  • A quick update on the Fall Public Health Colloquium from today
  • A couple other posts about time management and attention management (yes, really, attention management...it's something I have an issue with for sure)
  • A post about my thoughts on nutrition and "real" food and my latest adventure in food DIY
  • An intro to my tumblr site
And those are just the ones I've started on already! I have a whole list of things I plan to cover here. All in good time though. I'm trying to harness my enthusiasm to keep it going longer.

I just got home today and now I'm trying to catch up with everything in life....okay, that's not really feasible, so I'll probably just spend a few hours regrouping and gathering materials so my catchup efforts are effective in the next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment