Lisa Wehr's Public Health Blog

Lisa is originally from Sigourney, Iowa. She attended Iowa State University and received her bachelor’s degree in Music in 2010. She is currently a first year Master’s of Public Health (MPH) student in community and behavioral health (CBH). Lisa works on the medicine-psychiatry unit at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics (UIHC). Through this blog Lisa hopes to let people learn about the CBH department.

This student blog is unedited and does not necessarily reflect the views of the College of Public Health or the University of Iowa.

13 November 2010

A Productive Day

I wish I had something nice to say about the weather, but I really don't today. It's been in the 30s all day, with strong winds, spitting rain, and a thick cloud cover. A nice day to curl up on the couch with a book, but that's about it. It's a little unfortunate because it's my weekend off and I really love being outside, but I have done the best with what I have and instead have caught up on work inside.

So far today I have:
  • Done homework
  • Took the dog on a cold run
  • Did some work on my vermicompost bin (indoors)
  • Washed dishes
  • Did laundry
  • Cleaned up the mess I created this week when I painted my spare bedroom
  • Partially cleared out my email inboxes
  • Watched the Dog Whisperer (online, I don't have cable)
I almost didn't go out for a run because of the weather but there were two things that prompted it: a) Zephyr was driving my nuts and b) it's going to get a lot colder before it gets warmer so I just need to suck it up and get used to it.


And there's still more to do! The other stuff I plan to get done today...
  • Put plastic over the windows for winter
  • Vacuum
  • Organize my paper files
  • Organize my computer files
  • Finish purging my old emails
  • Clean the rest of the house
  • Do some more laundry
  • Brush the dog
  • Some more homework and reading
  • And I'll probably watch more Dog Whisperer!
Busy times, busy times...


Oh!! and one more thing!
Two of my  uncles wrote a book called "Hawkeye Greats, By the Numbers" It's now available on Amazon. If you're an Iowa fan, I think you should buy a copy ;)


~L

No comments:

Post a Comment