Lisa Wehr's Public Health Blog

Lisa is originally from Sigourney, Iowa. She attended Iowa State University and received her bachelor’s degree in Music in 2010. She is currently a first year Master’s of Public Health (MPH) student in community and behavioral health (CBH). Lisa works on the medicine-psychiatry unit at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics (UIHC). Through this blog Lisa hopes to let people learn about the CBH department.

This student blog is unedited and does not necessarily reflect the views of the College of Public Health or the University of Iowa.

10 October 2011

Social Media

In a discussion with other members of the CBH student association we have decided that specific social media accounts for CBHSA are not necessarily practical or more useful than what we already have. I already use quite a bit of social media so I have opened up my personal accounts and use them for a lot of public health related links and thoughts.

My tumblr blog is a collection of all the interesting links I come across in my days. The reason for a separate blog is that there is such a large number of them and I don't write full blog posts. It also serves as an archive for myself so I can easily find links I know I've seen before. Not all relate to public health, but a great number do (because that's what I'm interested in). And quite a few include brief comments by yours truly ;) The link for that is whomovedmybrain.tumblr.com

I also have a twitter account. The twitter account links to both this blog and my tumblr blog. I also use twitter as a quick and easy way to write real-time updates on conferences I attend. I'll make sure to announce it on this blog when I'm at a conference and tweeting (if you're impatient the next one I'm attending is the Iowa Rural Health Conference on October 13 and I will be using the hashtag #IRHA11). My twitter name is lwehr. You can see it here or follow it on your favorite platform (I personally like tweetdeck).

I have also dabbled in Digg, LinkedIn, StumbleUpon, but don't use them very much. Are there any sites I'm missing?

Also, the APHA hashtag is starting to see some activity as the annual meeting moves closer. Check out #APHA11

No comments:

Post a Comment